With my son on Fall Break last week, needing to be up at 5 a.m. this Monday morning seems even worse than usual. Its currently 7 a.m. and I need a nap!
This is one of my most favorite recipes I have. I’m so thankful I’m not lactose intolerant because I love dairy and this recipe is chock full of cream and cheeses.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1/2 cup sweet butter (I use regular salted butter)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (not powdered from a jar!)
- 3/4 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 – 12 oz box of Fettuccine noodles (or whatever pasta you like)
- Sliced grilled or sauteed chicken breast
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium/low heat.
Add the garlic, cream and white pepper to the melted butter. Bring it so a simmer while stirring often.
Add the Parmesan cheese, letting it melt and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth.
Add the Mozzarella cheese, stirring continuously until melted and sauce is creamy.
Serve over boiled pasta and add pieces of browned or grilled chicken.
**Make sure to serve this sauce as soon as possible after cooking. It will begin to separate within an hour or two after heating.