My crocheting soul sister Boo did a 40 things to ponder about me…. and I’ve decided to play along. Feel free to steal this like I did.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Oh gawd yes, on just about everything
2. Coke or Pepsi? If I have to drink a soda of some sort, either one will do, but prefer root beer.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes
4. What flavor of Kool-aid? I think I’d rather die of thirst than save myself with this insipid drink, but if I have no choice…strawberry.
5. Hot dogs? Yes, especially if there’s cheese and chili involved.
6. Favorite TV show? It depends on the season, right now, the new Doctor Who is my thing (especially while I wait for the final season of Game of Thrones). I also love Ink Master and Supernatural.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? Sure, especially since attending a college that was once a Civil War hospital and cemetery.
8. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee, down from two pots a day to just one cup of full-on caffeine and one cup of decaf.
9. Can you do a push-up? I can push up from the couch to go get another brownie from the kitchen. Does that count?
10. Favorite Jewelry? I don’t wear any.
11. Favorite Hobby? Reading, crocheting and cooking.
12. Do you have ADD? No
13. Do you wear glasses? Yes. I wore contacts since high school and ditched those a couple years ago.
14. Favorite cartoon character? Roadrunner…beep beep!
15. Three things you did today? Does waking up count? I find that’s a pretty stellar achievement these days. Made my coffee, checked my email and put a load of clothes in the dryer that I’d forgotten about and left over night.
16. Three drinks you drink regularly? Coffee, sweet iced tea and strawberry Perrier
17. Current movies? ………….? I haven’t been to a movie theater in years, but the ones I will fork over the cash for Pay-Per-View are the Marvel movies.
18. Do you believe in magic? Common everyday magical things, absolutely. Mystical magic…maybe?
19. Favorite place to be? At home, snuggled up on my couch.
20. How did you ring in the New Year? Used to be at whatever hot spot had the best party, after marriage we’d hold a small gathering at the house with an appetizer extravaganza that we’d nosh on all night…now I’m usually asleep by midnight.
21. Travel? Where would you go? I traveled Asia extensively in my 20s and wouldn’t mind going back, but I’d love to go to Ireland, Switzerland, Italy and Greece.
22. Name five people who will most likely read this? Hopefully not the stalkers I’ve been trying to avoid!
23. Favorite movie? The Godfather
24. Favorite color? At the moment, teal
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? If its cool, yes. If its hot, no…they get all sweaty-sticky and feels like I’m being suffocated by an octopus.
26. Can you whistle? No
27. Where are you now? My favorite place (see #19)
28. (Apparently there is no question #28 and its freaking me the fuck out!!!!)
29. Favorite food? I don’t have just one. Chinese: Kung Pao Chicken. Mexican: Cheese Enchiladas. Italian: Lasagna. And I can always be on board with a nice thick Rib-eye steak and baked potato.
30. Least favorite chore? Washing dishes, which really sucks since I love to cook
31. Best job you can think of? Mom
32. What’s in your pockets? I don’t have pockets and even when I do there’s usually nothing in them.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
34. Favorite animal? Dog
35. What’s your most recent injury? Torn rotator cuff, still in rehab for that one
36. How many TV’s are in your house? Two, one for the living room and one for my son
37. Worst pain ever? the torn rotator cuff
38. Do you like to dance? yes, I may have been known to Risky Business dance around the house while doing chores.
39. Are your parents still alive? Just my mother
40. Do you enjoy camping? If “camping” is done in a 5-star hotel with room service and a spa…then yes. Anything else, no. Indoor plumbing was invented to avoid having to pee outdoors. And I have a deal with insects, they stay out of my home and I stay out of theirs.